Enniscorthy Community College is a Waterford and Wexford Education and Training Board School
wwetb.ie
Waterford & Wexford ETB

School History

Enniscorthy Community College (previously Enniscorthy Vocational College) dates back to the 1930s when the Vocational Educational Act was passed (designed to provide better access to technical education and to open up opportunities for further education).

The original school was in the Market Square (Technical Institute) where the UDC Offices are currently located. At that time the boys and girls studied a number of the academic subjects with a major emphasis on technical education ie. Woodwork and Domestic Science.

With technical education radically changing and moving forward, Enniscorthy Vocational College, with its increasing numbers, moved from the Technical Institute to Lymington Road in 1939 where a new building comprising of 6 classrooms was built (now the current town Library). Over the years additional classrooms were provided but by the 1970’s it was clear that the school was outgrowing the Lymington Road site. In the mid 1980’s negotiations took place which led EVC to its present location on the Milehouse Road. In November 1987 a state-of-the-art school on a nine acre site catering for 450 students was opened.

Further advances in education and increasing student numbers signalled another chapter in expansion at the school. As a result a major extension with all the modern facilities was built and was officially opened by Ruairi Quinn, T.D., Minister for Education and Skills on Monday 30th April, 2012.

At the start of the academic year 2017, an excellent facility (Boro Suite) was opened to cater for students with Austistic Spectrum disorder.

May 06
2024
Public Holiday
May 22
2024
TY Graduation Ceremony
May 23
2024
Awards Day/Sixth Year Graduation
May 31
2024
School closes for Summer holidays
Milehouse Road, Enniscorthy, Co.Wexford, Ireland
Waterford & Wexford Educational Training Board
Enquire
Location
© 2024 Enniscorthy Community College